Thursday, August 25, 2011

Grandpa!

My parents were not able to come down for James surgery. Truthfully I never even thought about asking them too. It did not seem like it would be that big of a deal. I knew that I had several friends I could ask to watch my kids and that would be all I really needed help with. However once a parent always a parent, right? They were worried about us and wanted to help out. So, Ken drove down on Saturday after he had worked in the temple from 5am to 11am to help us! My mom could not come down because she needed to be at work on Monday morning. The kids were excited to have Grandpa come and stay. He said he was here to work and help and that is what he did. He folded laundry, did the dishes, shampooed the carpet and watched the kids so I could take a nap. He even took the kids to Chuck E Cheese for several hours one day. That is something I don't even like to do.
Font size
Haley helped out so much with the little girls at Chuck E Cheese that Grandpa wanted to buy her something nice. So, he watched all the kids, even James while I took her to the store. She picked out a nice outfit for church.
Grandpa and Haley have had a special bond since she was a year old. They both share the love of Fresh Farm Corn. When corn is in season Grandpa always brings up a bag full when he comes to visit. This visit was no different. It was very yummy!
Thank you Grandpa! We love having you! Please come back again soon!

No comments:

Florida Vacation!