Friday, August 5, 2011

4 months old


I cannot believe that James is 4 months old! Time flies by so quickly. I could not have asked for a better baby than James. He is so mellow and happy, quite the opposite of his older sister (yes we all know who I am talking about). He is a big boy weighing in at 17 pounds. I literally get tired and sore arms if I hold him to long.

James is so funny, he is already particular about who he is around. He loves Haley. Infact she was the first one to get a laugh out of him. She had him laughing for several minutes. He likes Scotty too. He tolerates Madeline, but is not fond of Marianne. If he is tired all she has to do is get in his line of vision and he will cry until he cannot see her anymore. It is really funny to watch. He is one smart baby!!

James has always loved chewing on his fist. The kids were always concerned when he was tiny that he was hungry all the time, but he just likes his fist. But now that he is 4 months he is chewing on anything he can get his hands on because he is teething. I can feel the tip of one of his teeth on the bottom. I cannot believe he is getting teeth so early. I love the toothless smiles and I am not ready to get bit. ouch!

We put him in his jumpy thing for the first time today. He seemed to like it as long as there were chew toys on his tray. He also likes the bumbo. Oh, he is funny about where he lays down. He is not real fond of soft surfaces like the bed or couches. He much prefers hard surfaces like his changing table with only a blanket for cushion and the bathroom counter with no cushion.
He cries to let you know he is awake. But as soon as he hears your voice and knows you are coming to get him he is as happy as can be. I cannot not get enough of this little man! I love him to death.
A Day in the life of P. James Hendricks

1 comment:

Marian said...

I so enjoy looking at the children. I look at your blog everyday so I can see my grandchildren. Thanks for doing a blog! Love, Maria

Florida Vacation!