Monday, March 2, 2009

Valentines Day Traditions!

I did not realize how important traditions are to my children. In the past I have always heart attacked my kids bedroom doors or made a heart path throughout the house for them to follow and find their valentine, but this year since I let them each have a party I thought I was off the hook. I did get them a valentine of course but they did not wake up to a big surprise of hearts and adventures. Haley was very disappointed and came into my room and woke us up to let me know of her disapproval. She was kind enough to let me repent and try again. So she went back to her room and waited. This is what I came up with...
The kids gathered together for a follow the hearts to your treat adventure. You have to love the spit up coming out of Marianne's mouth. This is such a true moment of what stage we are at at our house.
Thank goodness I had a few hearts on the wall still from Haley's party. We had barely enough to make the distance from the bedrooms to the kitchen table!
Here are their Valentines. They each got a stuffed animal and a box of sweethearts (except Marianne of course)!
I love this picture! They get so excited about the smallest gifts. It really is the thought that counts! Kids just need to know they are loved!

Another tradition that Haley reminded me about (or TOLD me we better be doing) is eating heart shaped pancakes for breakfast. I loved having Valentines on a Saturday, so that Scott could join in the festivities! Normally he would have been at work already.
Doesn't Scott make a mean heart shaped pancake? You should be a professional chef honey!! He also makes a mean breakfast burrito. This kids can always count on a breakfast burrito for dinner if their mother fails to cook!

I couldn't resist taking a picture of all the Valentines Haley and Scotty brought home from school. Maddy is not in preschool yet, so she didn't have much, but they were both real generous and shared their candy with her. Scotty even re gifted his valentines to give to Scott, Madeline, and I.
This is what I found on their bedroom floors....
Haley's Loot!

Scotty's Loot!

3 comments:

The Rollo Crew said...

Seriously your family has so much fun! I hope Shad & I can carry on fun traditions in our family. So ...am I a bad friend because I did not notice you were in a depression for 4 months! We need to talk Jen!!!
XOXO Melanie

Lisa said...

Im feeling guilty, I don't think my boys even know valentines day came and went.
You guys are so creative

Unknown said...

I believe Haley's loot is a combination of all Valentine's loots for the past 5 years. You know she saved them! And Marianne IS a bag of sweethearts!

Florida Vacation!