Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Bumpy Slide!


Maddy, Marianne and I were walking back to the car from dropping Scotty and Haley off at school and just before we got in Maddy looks up and asks if we can go to the park. She said, "Grandma Iris takes me to the bumpy slide!" That warmed my heart and we turned from the car and went to the park instead. When my mom was here to take care of us after Marianne was born, everyday she took the kids to school and then her and Maddy would go to the park next to the school and go down the bumpy slide. Maddy loved this time with my mom. And I am always too preoccupied with things I need to get done and so poor Maddy missed that special time going to the park. I am so grateful my kids give me reminders once in while about what is really important in this life. I need them because I always seem to get caught up in the to do lists and unneeded business of life.



A sweet lady on a walk stopped and offered to take a picture of Maddy and I. She said that as a mother she felt sad because she was never in any of the pictures with her kids because she was always the one taking them. Amen to that! Marianne was just content to sit in her car seat in the stroller and soak in the sun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maddy, I am SO proud that you are not scared of the bumpy slide anymore! You are such a big girl!! I love you!

Florida Vacation!