Saturday, March 21, 2009

"I have a funny story to tell you..."

I always get nervous when any of my children's teachers, babysitters, or anyone who has spent time with my children when I am not present say, "I have a funny story to tell you!
Well.... when I went to school to pick up Scotty on Friday, I was a little late (imagine that) so he was lined up on the wall with about 5 other kids who were waiting for late parents and Miss Dishon ( I think she is a counselor or something at the school) immediately walks toward me laughing and says...."I have a funny story to tell you. I am thinking where is Mrs. Grant and what did Scotty do. Well Mrs. Grant (Scotty's kindergarten teacher) did not show up to school so Miss Dishon and another lady stepped in for her. Miss Dishon proceeds to tell me that while the kids were playing outside she looks over and Scotty has his pants down and is peeing by a tree. She is laughing and says only one student came to tell her he saw Scotty pulling up his pants, she gave him some story and assured him that Scotty was not peeing. She didn't want the boy to spread it around to the rest of the kids, which I appreciated. She laughed and took great humor in it... I think it helped that she is 7 months pregnant. Well now that I am humiliated and thinking aren't we way past this...we head home. At lunch I decided to ask Scotty about it.
I said, "Scotty did you pee on the playground today?"
Scotty looks at me sheepishly and says, "No".
So I proceed to give him the lecture that you should always tell the truth and you get into more trouble if you lie. Finally he says, "mom I am telling the truth I didn't pee on the playground I peed in the dirt!!"
me-"Why didn't you run inside and use the bathroom?"
scotty- "I had to go really really bad, I couldn't run."

All I could do at this point was laugh inside and be grateful that it was just a "funny story" and not a "dreaded phone call" to come and bring a change of clothes for your son!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That reminds me of a bike ride we took in the neighborhood. Scotty announced that he had to go potty, so I turn around to head home in time to see my dear, sweet nephew dump his bike at the curb, run up to someone's front lawn and "water" the grass. :-D

Cory and Lindsey said...

That story about Scotty is so funny!!

Grandma Utah said...

That is pretty funny! We were in California tending Stan's kids and Ian decided to poop on the neighbor's driveway, very funny when Vern tells it. If you think about it, ask us to tell you about Isabella needing to potty at the track...Needless to say kids are so great, aren't they? Aunt Ruthie

Lisa said...

My boys always pee outside.

Florida Vacation!