
A family tradition that I want to carry on in my family is acting out the Nativity. As a child we always gathered at my grandparents home, or one of the cousins homes on my Grandpa Olsen's birthday (Dec. 23rd) and had a family party. We ate, exchanged gifts, and most importantly acted out the Nativity. The grandkids would dress up and decide who would play who, and my grandpa always read the story from the bible. This is one of my most treasured memories. I especially wanted to do it this year, since this is my first Christmas without my Grandfather. I am so grateful for the wonderful legacy he left me. He was a great man and I miss him.


Since we have no family here in Vegas we invited the Butlers over for dinner and a show! The kids came over dressed and ready. We had a Mexican feast of tacos and homemade salsa. Then we gathered the kids and put on a show. Scott was in charge of the casting and directing, I had the camera duty,

Robert read the nativity story out of the bible, while Kristen entertained Marianne. It was a wonderful evening!
4 comments:
Im impressed you are on top of things for the holidays...and... you have four kids.
The Butlers are SO awesome! It was good to see them here in SLC this weekend. And Marianne is the cutest baby Jesus EVER!
Your "Dinner and a show" looked like such a blast! I think that tradition is awesome and so fun for the kids. I can't wait for Kyson to get old enough to start understanding Christmas and season. See you Sunday!
XOXO Melanie
I just rediscovered your cute blog. (we lost all our addresses a while back when we tried to change our template :( Thanks for sending the address in your Christmas card. I love seeing your cute and funny kids. And how is it that you look so fantastic right after having your 4th child?? You need to share your secret. Congratulations on your new beautiful little girl!
Post a Comment