Lately I have been struggling with this 4 children thing. I don't know if it is post par tum (sp?) or what but I have really questioned by abilities as a mother. I feel like I am in constant chaos, I am always tired, and I forget or misplace several things a day. I think I am losing it. It seems like this is how life goes. We have our good times, when all seems to be rolling right along and then everything crumbles and starts to fall apart, then somehow it starts to fall back into place again. I guess I have been in a crumbling stage for a while, but I think I am finally climbing out of it.
I had a great experience the other night that helped me tremendously. Our Stake split a couple weeks ago and we got a new Stake Presidency, who will be fabulous. Scott got called right back to the High Council. At his setting apart blessing on Tuesday, President Waite basically blessed him that I am more than capable of taking care of our home and children while he is away and he blessed that I would know that. I know that the Lord was sending me a message that I needed. Isn't He wonderful that He is so aware of each one of us and what our needs are. That not only helped me start the climb out of despair but strengthened my testimony of the priesthood and the revelations that comes to our leaders. We have an awesome Stake Presidency and I am grateful Scott gets to work so closely with them and learn from them.
I decided to test out that blessing today and took my kids to the movies by myself. Haley's class read the book "The Tale of Desperaux" so her teacher met her students at the theatre today to watch it (they are on track break). I was so concerned, because I did not think I could take all of them, yet I did not have anyone to watch Maddy or Marianne and I knew Haley would be devastated if we did not go. What do I do!! I thought back to that blessing and told myself "I CAN DO THIS". So I packed up all the kids and two extra neighbor boys and headed to the theatre. Everyone cooperated and behaved so well, even Marianne who slept through most of it. We had a great time! I think I really underestimate what wonderful children I really do have. I love them and wouldn't trade them for anything.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Hi Jen,
I just got your Christmas card and was adding your blog to my list of blogs. I just have to say, having four kids is crazy. I definitely have my moments (or days) of feeling like I am a bad mom. It is hard to feel like you are meeting everyone's needs (including your own). Your baby is still little, I think it does get easier when you get more sleep. Just know you are not alone in your feelings!
Im crazy and I am only caring for two children. Don't worry, you are a wonderful mother.
What a wonderful post, it's so nice to be reminded from friends to step back and appreciate our blessings. you are such a wonderful person and i admire you so much, you may FEEL like you are falling apart but the rest us FEELlike we need to catch up to you, you are an inspiration and a wonderful example to all of us and everyone will agree when i say the Hendricks family is one to set your standards by, i hope you have a wonderful cmas girl> :)
YOU CAN DO IT! Always know that whenever you are having a "day" you can also count on your friends too. We all feel the exact same ways sometimes.
Man I have missed seeing you these past week. I loved reading your post...it reminds me that we are never alone on this journey. I hope your family has a great Christmas!!
XOX Melanie
Sometimes when people that have one child say to me that they want five kids too I think - they'll have to see when they get to four how much work it is. It's a lot of work and you have to give yourself a break - you're an awesome mom!
Come on over if you are ever lonely! I've been on opposite shifts with my husband for nine years! I've adjusted over the years, but it was difficult the first year.
Post a Comment