Wednesday, December 17, 2008

SNOW in Las Vegas!

I am going to apologize that I don't have the greatest pictures because well....yes I left my camera charger in Utah over Thanksgiving and my camera is dead. Yet another aftermath of our trip. So, my neighbor is such a great friend that I popped in on her to borrow her camera to capture the snow. Hopefully I will get my charger before Christmas!









I cannot believe that it is snowing here! These two pictures are of Monday when it snowed enough to have a short snow ball fight. We went shopping and enjoyed driving in the winter wonderland. It made me feel like I was in Utah. I loved it. But of course by Tuesday it was all gone. and then wha laa today it was like a blizzard. It started snowing in the afternoon and it is still snowing. I had young womens tonight, it was a combined activity to go Christmas caroling on the back of a flatbed trailer. I was for sure that they would cancel it(seeing how they canceled the highschool and junior high orchestra concert, and school tommorrow)...but they didn't. After much complaining (because I was not happy about going) I went and had a great time. Yes we were all soaking wet and borderline hypothermia by the end, but it is an activity that these kids will never forget.






While I was away at young womens, Scott went outside with the kids and built these adorable snowmen. We drove down our street to carol and the kids, Scott, and the neighbor boys bombed us with snowballs. They had a great time. Later that night we went to the neighbors and the kids went outside again and built a snow fort. What fun we miss out on living in the desert. But I am sure by tomorrow I will be glad that it only snows once every 5 or 6 years.

Scott said that by the time they went inside from making the snowmen, Scotty was screaming because his hands and feet hurt from the cold. We obviously do not have proper snow attire




4 comments:

The Noorda Monkeys said...

i LOVE the snow- anything to get me out of school and my concert is good with me!!

Anonymous said...

Love you BLOG. Your family is beautiful!

ShaLae said...

We just got your card so I am blog stalking! Your family is darling!!
Have fun in the snow while it lasts, Craig has been plowing non-stop it seems, and it just keeps coming.......
but we're thankful for that (?)
if you send me your email I can add you to our blog list and you can stalk us back. ( newboldcs@aol.com)
take care!

Lisa said...

Briggs is definatly our vegas baby. He hate the cold. I got your Christmas card, I don't know how you do it all.

Florida Vacation!