Sunday, July 12, 2009

Warning...not a good activity for the elderly!

I am always posting things late, so this happened last month but I ran across the pictures and had to post it as a warning. Last month we planned to take our beehive class ice blocking. Nothing wrong with that, I did it for young women's when I was a kid. Well, one of the Laurel advisers was surprised that we were doing that and made the comment, "isn't that against the law?" Apparently in California there is a law against ice blocking. I thought that was the silliest thing I had ever heard, government should really stay out of things. So, we went and had a great time except for this........


Yes, that is my thigh!! I fell off the ice block and rolled over the top of it. I knew instantly it would leave a bruise, but never imagined it would be that big. This picture was taken after a week or so of healing. So, now I know why they have laws against it, but maybe the law she set an age limit on the activity... no ice blocking if pregnant or over the age of 30! Man I am getting old and my body is sure not letting me forget that. Imagine if that were my head, I may not have lived to WARN you all of the dangers of ice blocking!

4 comments:

The Rollo Crew said...

Jen I can't believe how bad that turned out...you barely even complained at the activity. Yikes!!! It's a good thing my pregnant belly didn't take the plunge down the hill. :)
XOXO Melanie

Cory and Lindsey said...

HOLY COW JEN!!! I can't believe that. I guess next summer Ice Blocking is out for sure :)

Linds

Anonymous said...

Darris and I went on a date ice blocking...I didn't go because I am chicken. Now I know why!

The Vance Family said...

We all went in High school and I fell off and bruised my tailbone, I still can't sit on a hard seat for more than an hour... the things we will do to impress the young women, nice battle wound Jen!

Florida Vacation!