Thursday, November 13, 2008

Prayers Answered

Having a new baby and all that was happening the week leading up to Halloween I got a little (an understatement) behind in the laundry. I am usually pretty good about doing it once a week and I always fold and put away the clothes after each load. That way it doesn't seem so overwhelming to me. Well, when I realized that the laundry hamper was over flowing and dirty clothes were taking over my bedroom floor I decided I better just get it all washed. So that is what I did. I washed and then dryed and then piled the clean clothes on my bedroom floor. So by Saturday after Halloween this is what it looked like. Notice the bookshelf,... the pile is almost that high. SAD!

Scott was woken up that morning to Scotty's tap tap tap on his shoulder. Then he preceded to tell him, "Daddy I have been praying that Heavenly Father will help me find some underwear!" Scott guided him to the mountain of clean clothes. After a few minutes of digging his prayers were answered. Aren' kids the greatest. I laugh almost everyday with some funny thing they do or say. Now I just need to work on remembering those sweet times when I have had it with them.

7 comments:

Tammy said...

I hate to see your ironing now - ha ha just kidding. I'd be worn out after your Halloween week too. Our kids can't even dress up at school or have parties - weird. It's kind of a relief in a way though - it's just not as big a deal here. The clown looks scary to me too.

Fausett Family said...

That was so funny. Scotty knew Heavenly Father could help him find his underwear.

Marianne said...

That is TOOO Funny and sooo true. i need to capture my laundry on camera like that too. you can't help but laugh because we ALL knwo we've been there or secretly are there :)

Lisa said...

Scotty is a keeper! Avram prays and says how thankful he is that Jesus is his hero.

The Noorda Monkeys said...

i tagged you on my blog!!!

The Rollo Crew said...

I love that story of Scotty!!! He is so cute I could eat him. LOL. Thanks for watching Kyson...you're a life savor!!
XOXO Melanie

Unknown said...

What a great fort we could have made out of that mountain of laundry!! Great idea for my next visit when you go out on your date!

Florida Vacation!