Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Halloween Howl

Every year the kids school puts on a Halloween Howl (also known as a carnival). They have a haunted house in the auditorium and all kinds of carnival games, food, raffle drawings and fun. The kids get to dress up and always have a great time. We all had a great time. Scott was feeling extra festive this year and decided to dress up with the kids. We originally had planned to all dress up as Wizard of Oz characters, but I decided that was a little to ambitious for me having a new baby. Maybe next year!
Maddy and I did not want to dress up for this, but don't worry we did dress up for the Ward Halloween Party. Don't my boys look scary? Scotty knew months ahead that he wanted to be a vampire. It freaked me out to see him with black hair and covered in make-up. I no longer recognized my sweet little boy! Haley on the other hand had a full page listing all the costume possibilities. It is always agonizing work for her to decide what she wants to be. Luckily we found the orange lei in our costume box which sparked the idea of a Hula girl and she stuck with it happily.

I think Marianne was scared of her father in this picture! I kind of was.


Marianne slept the whole time in the Bjorn. I am sure she was dreaming of princesses, ghosts, and jack-o-lanterns! Isn't she sweet!

Here are my girls checking out the fire truck! This year at the Howl there were all kinds of law enforcement. There was a fire truck, police k9 unit with their dogs, a unit on horses and several more.
Maddy and Haley enjoying all the goods they won playing games. They did not give away any candy at the Howl, just toys, games, pencils and such. I thought that was a great idea since they will be getting tons of candy on Halloween night and at most other parties.
Haley's favorite thing was this harmonica. She got pretty good at playing it. She has always loved music!
I thought Scott looked more like a clown from a horror movie than a rodeo clown! Isn't he scary. He had so much fun dressing up with his kids. He is such a good daddy and his kids adore him!

1 comment:

Marianne said...

THe picture of you and marianne is adorable. you look amazing girl :) not like you just popped out a baby :) i'm glad i got to see you and meet little M :) she's too cute for me to even handle... i'd be stealing her all the time if i still lived there. and the costumes are too cute. keep in touch :)

Florida Vacation!