So, the end of July the kids and I went up to Salt Lake to a family reunion and I talked my mom into coming home with us for a few days to help me with the many projects ideas I had going on. She agreed to come, but I think it was because she felt sorry for me driving by myself hugely pregnant and with three kids. None the less I am so grateful that she came. We got busy the very day we got home making matching curtains for my kitchen area.
On our way home to Las Vegas of course we had to stop at a few stores. I got these adorable rod iron hangers (I am not sure what to call them) at Rod Works. That is one of my favorite stores! If you live in the greater Salt Lake area and have not been there you need to go! www.rodworks.com
The next project on my list was new crib bedding. I have used the same crib bedding for my three oldest. It was cute when Haley was born, and worked for Scotty too because it was plaid and very neutral. But I didn't love it any more and well I figured since I am on my third girl I deserve to have new girly and frilly bedding. So,while in Salt Lake my mom and I found this floral quilted fabric on clearance at a design store and liked it a lot, but loved the price of $5 a yard! What a bargain! It matched my room perfectly (which is where the nursery is). We spent a day in Las Vegas finding what we wanted to go with it, and long story short. We made this adorable bumper pad and bed skirt.
Here is a close up of the bumper pad! The pink is real silk, which I did not realize until after it was cut. Hopefully she won't have projectile vomiting.
Close up of the bed skirt. I love the puckered material it is so CUTE!
I had extra material so I decided I might as well make a quilt to go with it. This was actually my last sewing project before she was born.
After we finished the bedding my mom said, "this baby better apprreciate this bedding fit for a princess." And she is a princess, no doubt about it. She is exactly one month old in this picture, I cannot believe it!
The last thing on my list was curtains for my bedroom, so my mom made these. Don't they just complete the area? I think I am a slave driver because she was up until 2 am finishing them the night before she went home and had to be up for her flight at 4:30 am. She was determined not to leave until all our projects were complete. Don't I have the best mom!!!!
They look better open, but I couldn't get a decent picture because of the glare from the sun.
This is a hand me down rocking chair that was given to us when Haley was born and Scott has been threatening to get rid of it because it did't match anything and well it was ugly (I am sure the fabric was in style in its prime), but I really like to sit in it so I spent a night sewing new covers for it. And it got to stay!
I do have to say that I love my room now and get excited to make my bed in the morning.




3 comments:
I am so impressed! I get the sewing addiction when Im pregnant too.
Your Mom is the best and your bedroom looks awesome. I am still contemplating the idea of having you help me with new crib bedding so don't put your sewing machine too far away! I have a few months though and I know your tired.
Wow, I can't wait to come visit and make a huge mess with the kids! Seriously, everything looks fantastic! Your house has a new look every time I come down.
Post a Comment