I cannot believe that my sweet little Marianne is 1 month old! I just love her to death and she has been a great baby. I think that she will have a temperament like Haley. She can be a little fussy at times, but ALWAYS wants to be held. Which is OK with me...most of the time. I was telling my visiting teachers the other day that the more children I have the more I realize that they won't be babies forever and I have really tried to enjoy them. I always felt bad that Scotty's first year seemed like a blur to me, so Scott and I really took the time to enjoy Maddy as a baby and we are doing the same with Marianne. I could hold her and kiss her forever! There is nothing better that a sleeping baby lying on your chest! Marianne still sleeps quite a bit, so the few hours that she is awake are priceless. It is so fun to see her look around and find something to focus on. Or to see her deep blue eyes stare up at me!! She is just barely starting to sleep more than a few hours at night. In fact the last few nights she has been giving us 6-7 hour stretches. On Thursday night she did not get up until 5am. When I woke up to feed her I actually felt refreshed and did not end up going back to bed. I cannot remember the last time I woke up and felt halfway refreshed. It was fabulous!!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
1 Month Old
I cannot believe that my sweet little Marianne is 1 month old! I just love her to death and she has been a great baby. I think that she will have a temperament like Haley. She can be a little fussy at times, but ALWAYS wants to be held. Which is OK with me...most of the time. I was telling my visiting teachers the other day that the more children I have the more I realize that they won't be babies forever and I have really tried to enjoy them. I always felt bad that Scotty's first year seemed like a blur to me, so Scott and I really took the time to enjoy Maddy as a baby and we are doing the same with Marianne. I could hold her and kiss her forever! There is nothing better that a sleeping baby lying on your chest! Marianne still sleeps quite a bit, so the few hours that she is awake are priceless. It is so fun to see her look around and find something to focus on. Or to see her deep blue eyes stare up at me!! She is just barely starting to sleep more than a few hours at night. In fact the last few nights she has been giving us 6-7 hour stretches. On Thursday night she did not get up until 5am. When I woke up to feed her I actually felt refreshed and did not end up going back to bed. I cannot remember the last time I woke up and felt halfway refreshed. It was fabulous!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
You are an amazing mother. I always admired how you balanced so many things in your life. You have been such an great example for me. You kids are adorable.
You're right - that infant stage goes way too fast. I think we wish it away so we can get more sleep, but then realize how precious it is. I love all the new decor and I am laughing out loud at how Scotty holds Marianne. That Hailey is amazing!
They are only little for such a short time. You are a terific mom.
Post a Comment