Sunday, September 21, 2008

She's Finally Here!


We left for the hospital at 1:45 am on Friday September 19th. Yes you did not read that wrong. We were scheduled to be induced at 2 am on Friday morning. To my dismay she did not come two weeks early like I just new she would. I told my doctor that I did not want to go past my due date, so he scheduled us for delivery that day. After an hour of trying to sleep in the waiting room, the nurses admitted me into a delivery room. By 4:00 am, the nurses had me wired up for the induction. Progress seemed painfully and discouragingly slow and I felt like this was going to be the longest labor of my four children. At approximately 8:15, I went to the bathroom, laid back down and had a very strong contraction. The nurses checked and I was progressing rapidly. Everything went into high speed and seemed a blur. The anesthesiologist attempted an epidural but was too late - just my luck, I felt the poke, but no drugs.
Long story short, about 7 contractions and 30 minutes later (8:42am to be exact), I gave birth to a beautiful 7lb 11 oz, 19&1/4" baby girl. I feel great and she is as healthy as can be. We named her Marianne after my great grandmother and my mother-in-law (not Marianne Bunnell-sorry, we still love you though and congrats on Lochlan!!!). We love her so much and are grateful for the blessing of a healthy, happy baby girl.



Does my husband look a little pale in this picture??? You'll have to ask him why the nurse took all the pictures of our baby!!!

Madeline's first words upon seeing her baby sister were "I won't hit the baby, only kiss her." Thank you Maddy for being so sweet! Did I mention that Marianne has already learned to sleep through her three older siblings screaming at the top of their lungs?








Our first day home! I always love leaving the hospital for the comforts of home.

Haley and Scotty both love their new baby sister. Both are so gentle and sweet with her and are anxious to help Mommy take care of her. However, Scotty hasn't quite completed his "how to properly hold a baby" course.
Grandma Iris has been here to help and we are so grateful for her. Marianne and Grandma "sunbathed" a little this morning because she looked just a little jaundice.

13 comments:

Erica said...

Congratulations! We finally got our phone and internet connected yesterday and we'd been wondering she'd come yet. I'll tell David and the boys the good news.

Faith said...

Congratulations! How exciting! Ooh, sorry about the drugs, or lack there of. At least it was fast! Miss you guys!

Cory and Lindsey said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you... She is so Beautiful

The Noorda Monkeys said...

she is SO cute!!!! i love how you and sis bunnell had them on the same day!!!

Fausett Family said...

I'm so happy for you that she is finally here. Congratulations and good luck. Let me know how it is going with FOUR!!

Kellie and Justin said...

Congratulations! I can't tell who she looks like. Tell her that Baby Jettie is coming right after her and hopefully they can be fast friends. Couldn't be happier for you guys! Love Kellie and Justin.

Amanda Finlinson said...

Congrats! I hope you are feeling great and that the little princess is sleeping and eating perfectly! She is so beautiful!

Heckethorn PTO said...

Congratulations!! You guys have such a cute family!! Hope you don't mind me peeking at your blog-i checked it from Fausetts.

The Wents said...

Yeah!! Congratulations on such a sweet new baby. I still can't believe she was that big. Where was she hiding in your tummy?

Tammy said...

Scott must be a fainter too. Dale missed Max's birth due to fainting. I love the name Marianne. You looked all baby in the top picture you skinny ninny - not fair - I'm still battling the baby fat. Congratulations - so glad she's here!

Kelly L said...

Congrats, Jenn! She is a cutie and I hope she continues to sleep for you--that has been my salvation with Harrison. Best of luck with four, I'll be excited to hear how it is!
Love, Kelly
P.S. If your Mom is still there tell her "hi" from me!

Anonymous said...

MY BABY'S HERE!!!

Lisa said...

She is beautiful. You are amazing. I don't know how you keep up with everything, your my hero. Hope your doing well.

Florida Vacation!