Thursday, March 20, 2008
Happy St. Patricks Day!
On the Friday before St. Patricks Day, I got to help make green eggs and ham for Haley's 1st grade class. Because the kids would be out of school for Spring break on St. Patricks Day, her teacher still wanted to celebrate the exciting day. Here is Haley with her favorite friend from her class Skyler.
Here is the beautiful green breakfast that we made for the kids. Surprisingly there were on one or two of the kids that either would not try it or didn't like it. Most of them gobbled it up and asked for seconds!
Here are my darlings on the morning of St. Patricks Day. Enjoying the lute that the leprechauns left for them. Haley was delighted because the Leprechauns took the special shamrock that she made for them. But was a little disappointed that they did not color the toilets green this year. They must have been in a hurry! We also had an almost all green dinner. We had spinach fettuccine with green Alfredo sauce, broccoli, chicken, and green lemonade. Thanks mom for the great memories as a kid and all the green dinners we ate. I love to carry on the fun traditions.
Oh, just a side note. The Leprechauns left some green gum and I think Maddy ate every piece by the end of the day. She LOVES gum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I guess kids outgrow the "It's nummers" trick by first grade. I'm sure the leprechauns were frightened to venture into the toilet in the master bath. MAYBE by next St. Pattrick's day it will actually be identifiable as a bath. If Maddy keeps consuming gum at that rate, she will soon dethrone you as the Yuck-Mouth of the family!
Post a Comment