Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rockin into math week...or the 80's!

Sometime in the fall the kids had math week at school. I believe it was called "rockin into math", or something like that. One of the days they were supposed to research a rock star or musician and find math facts about them and then dress up like one. So I being not real savvy on music didn't really know how to help them with present day singers, but I sure knew how to help them with 80's artists. It took Haley a little convincing to have her dress up like Cindi Lauper, but once she found out she sang "Girls just wanna have fun" the decision was made. Doesn't she make a great Cindi. Her teachers were the only ones who knew who she was.

Scott and I tried to talk Scotty into dressing as Twisted Sister, but he was appalled that they were wearing girls clothes and refused. I don't think he quite understood the meaning of their name. It was so funny to look up old superstars like Billy Idol and KISS. The best part about it was the reaction my kids gave. Scotty settled on being a break dancer. He thought he was hot stuff!

Aren't they the cutest 80's superstars you have ever seen?

2 comments:

Marian said...

Absolutely the cutest - better than the originals! Love, Grandma Hendricks

The Rollo Crew said...

How did your kids get so big?
XOXO Melanie

Florida Vacation!