This is the front of the house. It was a wet and rainy evening when I took these so they are not the greatest pictures. But the house has a huge front yard and sit back from the street. There is a cute courtyard in the front as well.


The backyard has a good size pool and hot tub. We cannot wait for summer! The one side with all the trees and grass my kids call the jungle and the other side has coy ponds and a stream with walkways. I am going to put a garden in and Scott eventually wants to put a pad for a basketball hoop. The kids (especially Scotty) have already spent hours out their finding dead lizards, fish skeletons, sticks and climbing the trees. The yard was definitely the selling point for this home.



Here is the kitchen with the ugly wallpaper that had to come off. I will post after pictures on another post so you can see how different it looks.


This is the family room off the kitchen. This room will have major changes. I wish I had the after pictures taken already. You will just have to wait.

The front entry way. Unfortunately the beautiful chandelier (lol) has to stay until we find something we love and have the money to buy it. So let us know if you find something fabulous to replace it! It is a shame it is so ugly because it really puts off some great light! Notice the wallpaper.

The Dining room. This is what you see right as you walk in. I love the columns and arches. But the light, seriously who would put such a puny light in such a grand room? More wallpaper!


The front room. I love love love this big window. It reminds me of the big window I had in the front room of the house I grew up in. It has a beautiful view of our backyard. But those curtains oooh how hideous!! More wall paper.


I forgot to take pictures of the rest of the house. There are four bedrooms, one of the kids rooms is as big as the master which is good size, three bathrooms and a decent laundry room with lots of cabinets and a sink! We feel very blessed to be able to buy such a beautiful home right now in this uncertain time.
My kids have been such good sports through this whole process. They have been out of school almost the whole time and did not complain that we did not go do anything exciting while they were on break. I love my adorable rug rats!





8 comments:
Congrats! That is a beautiful home. You guys deserve it. I can just imagine how nice it will be to spread out. Im also relieved to see there was a fence around the pool. Now you can enjoy the summers.
It's beautiful! And I thought our December was busy. We moved at the beginning and had a lot of unpacking to do, but we didn't have to take on any remodeling jobs. Good luck with your move.
What part of Vegas are you in? My sister-in-law lives in Henderson and she loves it. This home you bought is amazing and I am totally jealous! Have fun with your family.
I love the "jungle!"I like the huge pillars...but why would you ever get rid of the drapes? Kidding!
Can't wait to see the finished product!
XOXO Melanie
Thanks for posting pictures of your new house. I could never find it on bing.com. It looks wonderful and I know you all will enjoy it. Scott was VERY happy to come and help you and enjoy his grandchildren. I look forward to helping you out - maybe with the yard or perhaps making sure the hot tub works. Love, Marian P. S. We moved to Chicago in December and back to Amarillo in December so I have great empathy for you.
Jen
I am so happy for you... I can't wait to come see it all done.
LOVE YA
Linds
Jen--it's beautiful--love the yard! Congrats and best of luck with all your future projects--can't wait to see the after pictures!
Post a Comment