
Tonight at dinner Scott told Madeline how beautiful her eyes were. She does have the most gorgeous BIG brown eyes. It is sometimes hard to get mad at her because of those eyes. Anyway, that is not the point of this post. She proceeds to tell him that he is wrong her eyes are not beautiful. I am getting concerned thinking my 3 year old is already having self esteem issues, and wondering how I am going to handle this. As I listen to her further, she says, "my eyes are not beautiful, they are brown, I don't like brown it's not pretty." I then realize it is not her eyes she dislikes, but the color, so I ask, "what color do you wish your eyes were?" Madeline says..."PURPLE!"
I am quickly reassured that she is OK with herself, she is 3 and what little 3 year old princess would not die to have purple eyes like her barbies?




4 comments:
Madeline, I think your brown eyes are beautiful and wonderful!! I hope you have a very Happy Birthday tomorrow. Your brown eyes will match the present Boo-pah and Grandma send you. Love, Grandma Hendricks
I think they have colored contact Jen.. you could be her Fairy Godmother and make all her wishes come true! (ha ha ha) Cute Story!
Seriously kids are so dang cute!! What would we do without their cute and suprising comments. Can't wait to catch up with you!
XOXO Melanie
Having a dad like Scott who will be there to build up his girls self esteem through out thier lives will help so much.
And who wouldn't want to try out a different eye color for awhile.
Post a Comment