Sunday, January 22, 2012

We've Been Boo'ed

One of my favorites things about Halloween (ok who am I kidding, it is the ONLY thing I like about Halloween) is booing people. The kids love to find treats on our front porch and they love even more dropping treats off to other people and running so they do not get caught! This year was no different. The strategy was that Madeline sets the treat on the doorstep and immediately runs to the car, while Haley and Scotty take turns ringing the doorbell. I was the designated getaway driver. I do not believe we got caught this year.

James and Marianne were a little tuckered out and slept through the whole event! Oh, how nice it would be to be able to sleep like that again! sigh!


I found this great recipe for Halloween bark on pinterest. I LOVE Pinterest. It has oreos, pretzels, candy corns, white chocolate and sprinkles.

I think our packages turned out pretty cute and they were yummy too!
Halloween Bark
From: Your Home Based Mom

1 pound melting chocolate or almond bark

14 Oreos

1 1/2 cups pretzel sticks, broken

1 cup candy corn

Halloween colored sprinkles

Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper. Break Oreos and pretzels and toss them along with 3/4 cup of the candy corn onto the cookie sheet. Melt chocolate and drizzle over the top and sprinkle with remaining candy corn and some sprinkles. Allow to cool and harden completely before breaking into pieces. Enjoy!

No comments:

Florida Vacation!