Friday, June 17, 2011

Sickness

I just wanted to document the sickness that has overtaken our home this past week. After 1 week of severe congestion and coughing Marianne broke out with a couple cold sores on her mouth and nose and then red dots covering her face. Madeline has been congested and coughing for the same amount of time and had been complaining that her head hurt and her stomach. Then on Sunday Scotty woke up and said his throat hurt and James was a little congested. Haley seemed fine. She is always my healthy one. It wasn't until Marianne broke out with the dots that I decided I would take her to the Dr. I knew I should take all three but did not want to pay $75 for them to tell me they have a virus and it will eventually clear up. So, I took Marianne since she was the most sick. Well, Dr. says the dots were a virus that would eventually go away. But he checked her chest and she was wheezing and said she had the beginnings of bronchitis and after describing the symptoms of my other children decided to check her for strep throat, which came back positive. Seriously how many illnesses can you have at once, poor girl! So, I let the doctor know that I knew my other two kids at home had strep as well, so the nice man that he is prescribed medicine for all three of them! Howrah! Well, the next day Haley woke up and said her throat hurt. We are now sharing the medicine with her as well. What a great way to start off our summer vacation quarantined to the house!

2 comments:

Marian said...

This is the joy of having a large family - they share everything! Just be glad there is a chicken pox vaccine now. That is a lovely disease for the children to share. I hope that with the medicine all will soon be feeling great and ready to play and read for the summer!! Love, Grandma Hendricks

Lisa said...

I love the update and the pictures of your little man. It sounds like James is a good baby.
Im sorry your kids have been sick at least with antibiotics you will be up and going again soon.

Florida Vacation!