Today was Marianne's first day in Nursery. She was so proud of the picture she colored! It was a bitter sweet day for me! Bitter because going into nursery means she is getting older and she is no longer my little baby, but is a toddler now. Sweet because she is a nightmare at church. She does not know how to be quiet and she is not content to just sit still and listen. LOL She had no problem walking into nursery and her teacher said she had a great time. Her teacher was actually surprised because there was no adjusting for her. This does not surprise me because she will let a near stranger hold her and then get mad when they hand her back to me. But at other times she is so clingy and won't go to anyone else but me. All I know is that Marianne has a very strong personality!! We love her to death she makes us laugh on a daily basis. One of her favorite games to play with her dad is to call out, "Daddy" and wait for him to respond with "Punkin." They do this over and over. The other thing she does to her Dad is she will not kiss him. Scott will ask her for a kiss and she shakes her head, "no, no, no." Then I ask for a kiss and she gives me one. Scott asks again for a kiss and she does the same thing, we do this three or four times until Scott finally grabs her face and steals a kiss, then she laughs and laughs. She knows right where her bottles are and she will periodically grab one and find me and say, "ba ba." Then I take it to the fridge and she giggles and gets all excited when I fill it up. Yes I still let her have a bottle every once in awhile. I was so strict with my other three, the day they turned one, no more bottle. I guess I am trying to keep her a baby! I love how excited she gets when she sees a snuggly (her blanket, or pretty much any fleece blanket). I also love that she says, "unts" and this means anything from, "hey I want that", "give it to me now", "look at me, " "listen", etc. That is her universal word she uses to get about anything she wants!!! What a fun girl!
Monday, March 15, 2010
She's getting SOOOO Big!
Today was Marianne's first day in Nursery. She was so proud of the picture she colored! It was a bitter sweet day for me! Bitter because going into nursery means she is getting older and she is no longer my little baby, but is a toddler now. Sweet because she is a nightmare at church. She does not know how to be quiet and she is not content to just sit still and listen. LOL She had no problem walking into nursery and her teacher said she had a great time. Her teacher was actually surprised because there was no adjusting for her. This does not surprise me because she will let a near stranger hold her and then get mad when they hand her back to me. But at other times she is so clingy and won't go to anyone else but me. All I know is that Marianne has a very strong personality!! We love her to death she makes us laugh on a daily basis. One of her favorite games to play with her dad is to call out, "Daddy" and wait for him to respond with "Punkin." They do this over and over. The other thing she does to her Dad is she will not kiss him. Scott will ask her for a kiss and she shakes her head, "no, no, no." Then I ask for a kiss and she gives me one. Scott asks again for a kiss and she does the same thing, we do this three or four times until Scott finally grabs her face and steals a kiss, then she laughs and laughs. She knows right where her bottles are and she will periodically grab one and find me and say, "ba ba." Then I take it to the fridge and she giggles and gets all excited when I fill it up. Yes I still let her have a bottle every once in awhile. I was so strict with my other three, the day they turned one, no more bottle. I guess I am trying to keep her a baby! I love how excited she gets when she sees a snuggly (her blanket, or pretty much any fleece blanket). I also love that she says, "unts" and this means anything from, "hey I want that", "give it to me now", "look at me, " "listen", etc. That is her universal word she uses to get about anything she wants!!! What a fun girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I loved looking at the pictures of Marianne and hearing about her. How she has grown since we saw her in August. I am so happy she enjoyed nursery!! Everytime I see her she reminds me of my Grandma Ballard. I will show you a picture of her some time. Thanks for the pictures and info! Love, Marian
I just caught up on your month, CRAZY. I can't imagine how tired you must of been after the traumatic day with Madiline.
Also Marianne is adorable. I can see why you don't want her to grow up. Those cheeks look perfect for kisses.
Marianne is growing up so fast! What a cutie-pie!
Post a Comment