We had the BEST weekend ever! I cannot believe it has taken me all week to post about it. I cannot find my camera cord so I don't have all the pictures yet, so this post will be continued...
Haley got baptized!! We are so proud of her decision to get baptized... and it was her decision. She was so prepared to take this HUGE step in her life. She fully understood the covenants she would be making and was so excited to be a member of the Church. So many family members and friends came to support her, which she loved. Nobody enjoys being with loved ones more than Haley. My mom came on Wednesday and helped me get my house clean and prepare all the food ahead of time so on Saturday I was able to just enjoy the day! I was so sad to see it end! It truly was one of the best days!!
Well since my mom and Ken came in on Wednesday we took advantage of some free babysitting. Since Scott was working a swing shift on Thursday we left the kids with my parents and did a session at the Temple. Well... we are one of THOSE parents who have never taken their children to see the temple. Yes we have lived in Las Vegas for 6 1/2 years. Don't get me wrong, my children have seen many other temples (like Salt Lake, Lubbock, Hawaii) several times, but we have just never made the journey to ours. So my parents took Haley out of school early and made the trek to meet us after our session. It was fun to enjoy a few minutes with our children on the Temple grounds. And to share with Haley that by being baptized she is taking one step closer to going to the temple someday. It was a neat thing.
This was the best picture we got of our family. I thought it was so cute how Marianne was looking up at her daddy! Thank Goodness for Temples, so that our Family can be together Forever! What would I do without any of them!
My mom was trying to get more of the temple into our family picture. So much for a family picture but it was a great one of Scott, Marianne and I.
These are the cutest kids on the planet!
Haley was amazed at how beautiful the temple grounds were. Here are pictures she took. It is fun to see what my kids deem as picture worthy. I think she did a great job!
I think Scotty had more fun playing in this tree than anything. I don't think he quite grasped the whole meaning of the Temple. Oh well, we have a few more years to teach him.
Haley loves her family. She is a great big sister and a great EXAMPLE to all of us!
IN-N-OUT
No weekend would be complete without a trip to In-n-out. I am sure our family keep them in business. So all the family met their on Friday for dinner. My parents, Scott's parents, Scott sister Angela and Sister Briana and her family. We had a great time.
Madeline had to bring HER IPOD. Grandma Hendricks brought a Barbie book with an MP3 player that plays songs from the Barbie movies. She brought it for all the girls, however Maddy claimed it as her own right away. Haley was OK with it because she got an MP3 player for her birthday from the Butlers.
Haley had dance before dinner, both her grandmothers and aunt Angela went to watch her in class. She is working hard to be prepared for her recital in June.
More dinner fun. Marianne was in Heaven with the french fries. She is definitely our child. She would get so excited when anyone even showed her a fry.
We went back to our house after dinner to talk and enjoy the rest of the evening. Madeline and her cousin Jackson had a great time playing house. Madeline was the mother or wife (I am not sure which) but Jackson was "Honey". She had a great time bossing him around and he took it real well. He will be a great husband some day. We wish our cousins lived closer.
TO BE CONTINUED.....




4 comments:
It was a very special weekend for Grandma and Grandpa Hendricks too!! We enjoyed being with so many members of our family! Haley, we were so proud of you on your baptismal day. You are a lovely young daughter of Heavenly Father. Scott and Jennifer, thank you for a wonderful weekend. It will long be remembered with great love and fondness. Our grandchildren and children (including spouses) are wonderful!
What a great weekend for your family!! Tell Haley CONGRATULATIONS. We are all so proud of her. I can't wait to read Part II. :)
XOXO Melanie
Happy Baptism Haley. We also like to think we keepp IN-N-OUT in business. Oh yeah we've seen you guys there on several occasions. My kids think that if we go there then the Hendricks will be there too.
When I got back to work on Monday, everyone asked about "Yes or No" (aka Madeline). I could barely tell them about playing house with Jackson through my laughter. I am LOL'ing right now remembering it!
Post a Comment