Preparations Saturday morning! Scott is so great! He does all the ironing in our house. Even though he ironed all of his and Scotty's clothes Friday night he still was willing to iron some dresses for the girls that I decided at the last minute to have them wear! What a guy!

My mom mending the dress Haley was going to be baptized in. Haley had been asking me for a few weeks if she could get baptized in a dress. I kept telling her that we didn't have a dress and that usually you just wear the jumpsuits that the church provides. But because two of her girlfriends had recently been baptized in a dress, the dainty girl that she is desired the same thing. Well, revelation came to me on Friday evening. My mom had given me my baptism dress that she made for me a while back. I had gotten it out a month or so ago to show Haley. She had tried it on and considered using it for baptism dress, but then decided she wanted a new one. Well, hello since she has her own dress she could use mine to be baptized it. It worked out great and she looked so cute in my dress. It fit her perfectly!

We got up early and everyone was happy so we got to snap a few families pictures! A rare moment!





Grandpa Heaton and Madeline! She is my only child that was not a mommy's baby. She has a special bond with her Dad and Grandpas.

My mom is the Best! She and Ken drove down on Wednesday and worked all week to help me get ready for today and be able to enjoy it. She helped me clean my house and I mean clean...dust, organize, clean and mend things that have been in my to do pile for months. She helped me prepare as much food ahead of time as possible and I love her for it. She is so good to me! I love you mom!

The baptism coordinator let me take this picture when we were getting her ready before the service began. I thought it was really neat!

Haley and the towel she got from the primary presidency. She also got a baptism towel from my friend Jackie. She was excited to have two, one for her hair and one for her body. One with her name on it and one that said, "My baptism towel."

Haley and Her Daddy! This was a big day for Scott!

We love our HALEY BUGS!! This was a SPECIAL moment for Mom and Dad!

Haley got baptized with her friend Tyler. They have known each other since they were 2 or 3. It was fun, at least for his mom and I. We took this picture to show them one day. Who knows maybe they will go to prom together someday!


Haley and Grandma Hendricks share a love for ballet, good music and books!

Robert and his Redneck ways. I swear he should have been from Texas or at least a small town. My mom commented that that is something she would have seen in her small town of Emery growing up!

Family and Friends!

Haley and Madeline. As I picking our Madeline's clothes on Friday evening I picked out this white outfit that Haley had worn when Madeline was blessed. How perfect is that, that she would now wear it at Haley's baptism!

Haley and her cousin Taylor. Taylor was baptized in December. She was excited to come and wanted to wear her baptism dress, which I thought was adorable.

The VanBuskirks! This is Haley with brother VanBuskirk in our ward. I feel bad that I did not catch Susan before she left. They have been like Grandparents to our kids here in Las Vegas. In fact they call them Grandpa Marvin and Grandma Susan. Susan has even gone to Grandparents day with Haley at school.

Aunt Bri and Uncle Richard with the two cutest babies EVER... Marianne and Lorabeth. They will be great friends!




Grandma and Grandpa Iris and cousin Shalece! It was a treat to have Shalece there!

Haley and Grandma and Grandpa Hendricks. They drove all the way from Texas to be here on this special day. Haley is their first Grandchild, thus their first to get baptized.

Haley and Grandma Iris! Haley and her Grandma have a unique spiritual bond. My mom always gives her grand kids a nice set of scriptures when they turn eight and I think Haley has been anticipating this since she was six. My mom has challenged her to read the whole Book of Mormon in one year. I think she might make it this year.

Ode to Aunt's: Haley just adores her Aunt's. It seems like just yesterday that Aunt Bri and Aunt Angela would drive out to our house in Eagle Mountain every Wednesday to watch baby Haley for us while Scott and I went to Young Men and Young Women's. That is when their bond began.

o

The kids spent the whole afternoon on the trampoline. They only got off for a few minutes to eat. They would run in every half hour or so and beg Scott to jump them. I had to keep reminding Scott that I broke my arm when I was a little older than Haley when my brothers were jumping me high on the tramp. Luckily there were no injuries just happy squeals!

The Butlers!! They are our next door neighbors and family here in Las Vegas. It wouldn't have been a perfect day without them.

After lunch and clean up (thanks Marian) we were able to lounge around and enjoy each other. Scott and Marian got to see the Kentucky Derby in High definition. They don't have any high def TVs at home yet so it was a real treat.

After the big day, we decided to take advantage of Grandma and Grandpa's hotel pool. Thank goodness we live in Las Vegas and it is still HOT at 7pm. We had a great time swimming, hanging out in the hot tub, and eating Aurelio's pizza.

Jackson got slimed with pizza!

Grandma Hendricks looking beautiful as ever with baby Marianne!

Grandpa Hendricks and cousin Lorabeth.

Sunday after church Scotty and Jackson able to spend a little more boy time together playing cowboys, before they had to head on down the road to Texas. We loved having cousins around, even if it was only for a few days!

Madeline enjoying Marianne and Lorabeth. She can be really sweet at times, but only when SHE wants to be.

One of Scott's (my Scott) favorite things to do is talk with his dad (Scott). They have a great relationship and really enjoy one another, whether it is talking, working, or hunting.




7 comments:
How sweet. Your daughter is so heavenly.
Wow, I can't believe you have an eight year old, that is funny... my little Kylie is our Kylie Bugs! And she is a little angel, the majority of the time! Congrats Jen! What a cute family you have!
What a fun weekend! You kids are so darn cute. And I love the picture of Scott talking to his dad.
Oh, it was a divine weekend, wasn't it?!?! I SO love "my" kids and I appreciate that you are such a good sport and allow us to invade your home to enjoy them!
Haley looks so beautiful in her baptism dress! I can't believe how big & mature she is. You must be so proud of her. We're so sad we couldn't make it! Give Haley our love.
Thanks for posting all the pictures! I really enjoyed looking and them and remembering that special weekend. Love you all lots!
Grandma Hendricks
I have to say my favorite picture out of the whole bunch was the one with you, Scott and Haley in the middle with her arms around you both. The cutest picture of all three of you!!! You need to get that one framed for sure!
XOXO Melanie
Post a Comment