I cannot believe that my sweet Marianne is already 4 months old. I swear time is getting faster and faster. She is the light of our lives right now! Look at that sweet face. She is not a huge smiler, so we live for the moments when she laughs and gives up a big grin. She is 24 3/4 inches long and weighs 12 pounds 13 ounces and has the skinniest little tiny bird legs. She was in the 75th percentile for her height and only 30th percentile for her weight. Doc wants to see her in a month to check her weight, but I am not worried. She has been a kind of fussy baby and a definite mommas girl which had been hard on me. However, she is a great sleeper and sleeps through the night for the most part. That I am grateful for and is the only reason I can make it through some days. However, those challenges are very minor compared to the joy that she has brought into our family. Her brother and sisters adore her, in fact Scotty is in love with her and is very protective of her. What a great big brother!
She doesn't love her pacifier, however she loves gas drops and in dyer situations it is great to use because it helps her keep the plug in.
Bath time is one of her favorite times of the day.
Marianne has found her hands. It is so fun to see her clasp her hands together and wave them around until they finally get in her mouth. I love all the new discoveries babies make, that we have long since taken for granted.
Take note of the hair. She has some WILD hair that just refuses to stay down. I have tried lotion, hairspray, you name it. We definitely won't mix up her baby pictures with the other kiddos. Hopefully this means she will end up with the Hendricks hair (long and thick), poor Maddy and Haley have to deal with my fine hair the rest of their lives.
Here is a better picture of the peacock doo! And a rare photo of me!
Even though many days are very hard and overwhelming. I am so grateful for the opportunity Heavenly Father has given me to be a mother! What a treasured experience it has been! I love you Marianne!




2 comments:
Everytime I see her she looks so different. They change so quickly in these first few months. She is a cutie!
By the way did that flower detach from the headband and onto the beanie? If so that is way cute. Did you make them? Come show me how.
I absolutely HATE that I cannot spend as much time with ALL my nieces and nephews as I would like! They grow up so fast and do such fun, precious, hilarious and amazing things! Kiss them all for me!
Post a Comment