Thursday, May 1, 2008

Our "Missy Moo"

"Missy Moo" aka Madeline is a Daddy's girl. Scott gave her this nickname when she was just tiny and it has stuck. In fact they have a little game that they play almost daily. Scott asks Madeline "Are you my Missy Moo?" and Madeline replies, "I'm not your Missy Moo" and this goes on a few times until she relents and giggles "I am your Missy Moo." It is amazing to me how developed her sense of humor is. She loves to be teased and she knows how to tease right back.

The reason for this post was to tell about her most recent injury. Madeline is the biggest tease and the most injury prone in our family. The day after we got home from vacation our little "Missy Moo" was drawing on the art board and lost her balance, knocking herself into the wall. Well, as you know she is a big girl and heavy at that (anyone who has held her can attest to that), the bang was strong enough to cause a shelf I had on the wall to come crashing down on her. I am still not sure what hit her but she ended up with a gash in her forehead. I contemplated whether it was bad enough to need stitches or medical attention. My better safe than sorry side won so I took her to the doctor. He said it was definitely deep enough to be stitched or glued. Who knew that you could glue a wound. That is what I opted for and he was done in a matter of minutes with no tears shed. It was amazing! Madeline had brought in some lip gloss (which is one of her passions, next to gu gus or Popsicles) and as long as no one touched her lip gloss she didn't care that they were scrubbing her open wound. She is a funny girl that knows what she wants!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

POOR MADDY! Cricket sends a kiss for her ouwie. How do you even spell ouwie, anyway?

Anonymous said...

I see my sister is a spelling retard!!! Tell Missy Moo I am proud of her for being compliant with the medical personnel.

xoxoxoxo for her "ouwie"

Tammy said...

OWWWWW! She's going to end up with a forehead like Amy.

Florida Vacation!