Saturday, January 19, 2008

Nevada Caucus

This morning we got up bright and early to attend our Republican Caucus. For some reason Republicans must like to get up early because our caucus started at 9am, therefore we had to be there latest by 8:45 AM. Scott had to work late and the kids and I did not want to be home alone so we crashed our next door neighbors the Butlers. Needless to say we did not get home and in bed until well after midnight, so we were not so thrilled to get up so early on a Saturday morning. But being the devout Republican that I am I forced my husband and the Butlers to wake up and do our duty to our country. Scott was the least enthused as he realized that there may be lines and for sure would be a lot of people. He gets, well.....should we say ANGRY when he is forced to be with a crowd standing in line. But it went well. We were done in an hour and Scott was rewarded with breakfast at Einsteins Bagel.




A quick note about the Butlers: Robert and Kristen Butler are our next door neighbors and best friends here in Las Vegas. We seriously do not know what we would do with out them. We rely on them so much. They have four beautiful children Ashley (14 and one of my miamaids), Breanna (12), Zach (10 and Scotty's idol), and Jeremy (7). We are so grateful for their friendship and yes they are LDS which is an added bonus! Kristen is the one who to my mothers delight has taught me how to make bread, helped me get into canning and fine tune my sewing skills. She is an amazing person with many hidden talents! I love you Kristen!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Jen I'm so excited you have a blog. We're so excited for you guys to come visit. We will know Disney backward and forward - you'll have your own personal guide.

Marianne said...

I love your new blog girl :) I'm so excited you joined the "blog world", it will be fun to sneak peaks of your life :)

Jenny said...

Well hello friend. I am a new blogger since December and isn't it fun! I am so happy to see the Buttler's. Please tell them hi and Joe and I miss them. I guess I should just call, but I am too chicken. Great to see you're cute little family.

Unknown said...

I miss the Nakeds! Give them hugs from Cricket and I.

Florida Vacation!