Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Haley 's First Loose Tooth

Haley finally got a loose tooth right before Christmas. This is a huge deal since she was the ONLY one in her Kindergarten class that didn't lose a tooth. Now she is well into her 1st grade year and finally gets a loose tooth. The whole month before Christmas she was singing, "all I want for Christmas is to lose my two front teeth". Well she finally did it. Yesterday when her dad got home from work, they both agreed that her tooth was loose enough to pull out. (Scott has claimed all rights and privileges to pulling out his children's teeth. I think it is pay back for the pain his father put him through as a child pulling out his own teeth.) She sat on his lap and he yanked out her tooth. But from the sound of the scream you would have thought Haley was being tortured. I think it was the taste or sight of the blood that made this instant trauma. Haley ran to the bathroom spitting up blood and yelling at her father. The worst part was that the tooth was not completely out. After about ten minutes of coaxing Scott was finally able to pull the tooth all the way out. And Haley held a wet rag on her mouth for another hour. You will see in the pictures how the drama played out.








Haley realizes that her tooth is still attached






Scott is able to finally convince her that it will not hurt to pull it all the way out.





Scott claims victory! He is holding her tooth and Haley is still in shock. I have to say she looks so different with a big gap in her teeth. Also, many of you have not seen her since she got her bangs cut. That also makes her look WAY different. Here is another story full of drama! She had begged me for weeks to let her cut bangs. So, one day I had a weak moment and gave it. Well, I should have taken her to get them cut, but I did it instead. I cut Scotty's hair...why not! So, we did it...when she saw herself she started to cry and told me to put them back on. Well, of course we couldn't do that so I convinced her that we would pin them back every day until they grew out. I told her that Marianne Bunnell does that sometimes and she is beautiful, so she was ok with it. Well, later that day or the next we went to the Butlers house and sweet Breanna played with her bangs and told her how cute they looked and that she was jealous because she didn't have them. Now Haley loves them! Thank goodness for good friends and family, because no matter how hard I try what I say just isn't good enough!

4 comments:

Sally said...

Hi Jen! I found you! Congrats on the tooth, Haley. I hope the tooth fairy leaves you lots of money and doesn't forget like ours does..

Unknown said...

I hope you comforted Haley with tales of the joy Grandpa Hendricks took in removing our teeth whether they were loose or not! And I LOVE your bangs, Haley!! You look like a 3rd grader!

Marianne said...

That was a great post, so funny :) i LOVE her bangs, i've been tempted myself to cut some, i think she looks so cute. and i love the pulling of the teeth story. i can't wait for that to be me and andrew, jk :) you guys are such a cute family.

Tammy said...

My mom pulled my teeth out with pliers before they were even loose because teeth were coming up behind them. Hadn't she heard of a dentist? My kids don't lose their teeth until 2nd grade! As for the language problem, Madeline is too young to really understand, but Amy got a few doses of Tabasco sauce when she kept saying OMG.

Florida Vacation!