Sunday, October 16, 2011

Labor Day!

Some friends of ours invited us to go hiking the morning of Labor Day. Scott was working that day to earn extra money to pay for his upcoming hunting trip, but I convinced him to go in a little late so he could come with us. We went to Red Rock Canyon. It was a gorgeous morning, with a layer of cloud cover that kept it from being too hot! When we were done, we wondered why we don't do that more often.
The kids loved climbing on the rocks and exploring. It was fun to watch them. It did get a little crazy once in a while making sure we new where all 9 of them were. That is a lot of kids!



I loved this picture of Marianne and her daddy. She stayed by his side most of the time because she was afraid lizards were going to get her. I had told her we were going hiking and going to see lizards. I thought that would be exciting, she had the opposite reaction. She was terrified the whole time. I am not sure why.

James was a trooper too. He loved just hanging out, taking in the scenery. It was a great adventure.

1 comment:

Marian said...

What a great family activity! Actually, I got tired just looking at the hiking pictures! Ha! Remember the picture of Haley and her Grandpa Hendricks walking and holding hands at Mt. Vernon. Now you have one of Marianne and her daddy like it. Love, Grandma Hendricks

Florida Vacation!