Sunday, February 20, 2011

Oh, Marianne!


Marianne has finally decided to go potty in the toilet!! YAH!! Back in December she started to go and was doing pretty good, but we had friends come into town and I just wanted to enjoy them and not worry about having to take her to the bathroom all the time, so I put her back in diapers. BAD IDEA!! After they left she wanted NOTHING to do with the toilet. And it became a power struggle really quick. So I just told myself I will have to be OK with having two babies in diapers and that would be ok. Well last week, she decided on her own that she was a big girl and would go potty in the toilet. NO diapers for almost a week. Can I tell you it has been a wonderful week. Despite cleaning up a few messes and lots of wet panties, the progress out weighs that by a TON!!

Another funny thing this girl did this week. On Friday night we had plans to go to dinner with our friends the Craigs. We were all in the car to drive to their house where all our kids were going to play together, being watched by their 13 year daughter (10 kids total). It was calm and fairly quiet in the car and Marianne says, "What the Heck?" We bust up laughing. Then she start singing out a rendition of "shake your booty"! She is a crack up that is for sure!

No comments:

Florida Vacation!