Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Florida Trip part 3

I am doing a little catch up on my blogging. There is so much that I blog in my head but never seems to make in on my blog. Well, tonight I am buckling down and making an attempt to catch up. I am doing to for record keeping and for posterity sake, right? Here is the last little bit of our trip to Florida. Can I just tell you again what a great time we had. Every couple needs to get away for a full week every couple of years. We definitely will not wait 7 years to do this again.

Watching the sun rise over the ocean. I was so set on getting up early one morning to watch the sun rise with Scott. How romantic huh? Not so much. I set the alarm for 4:30, doesn't the sun rise that early? NO!!! After getting up and going back to sleep for about ten minutes I finally got to see the sun rise at oh about 6:45, and by then I was so exhausted that it really wasn't that impressive to me so I didn't even wake Scott up. I took this picture and went back to bed. I did wake up an hour or so later when Scott had to get up and took the other picture then I think I slept until noon!

We went to the Orlando Temple. This was our second time going to this temple and can I say it has one of the most beautiful Celestial rooms. It is purple and green, they had dark purple couches..LOVE IT!!! It is always so nice to be in the house of the Lord, that is the only place on earth to feel such peace and love! I thought it looked so beautiful at night, all lit up! (note to self: Do Not stand in front of Scott, I look like twice as big as him!)

On the last day of our trip, Scott had to work half the day and I was to meet him in Orlando where we would head to the airport. Well, I had the car loaded and was ready to go but had a good hour to burn, so I took one last walk on the beach. I had wanted to see the these turtle tracks close up. The turtles were coming on the beach at night to lay their eggs. In the early morning a guy comes along on a four wheeler and picks up the eggs to take them to a safe place. Someone told me they lay close to a hundred eggs. Pretty neat huh...
They go up on shore, they round hole is where they nested and then went back to the water on the other side. Here is a closer look at the tracks and the nest.

There was this man fishing right in front of our hotel. He was very nice, he told me all about the turtles, sand fleas, and fishing. It was very interesting. He also told me that the day before he had caught 6 sharks...YES I said 6 sharks right out in front of our hotel. We had chosen to swim down the beach a ways where there were no rocks and Scott was teasing me about sharks in the water, who knew that just a few miles down there were sharks! AAAHH! I am glad that was my last day, I am positive that the memory of this will be much too faded to keep me out of the water next time, but that was scary!

He
This man actually caught a fish while I was talking to him and was kind enough to let me take a picture with it. No I am not holding it GROSS! He is holding it and his friend took the picture! It was a big fish, he said it was about a $40 meal!

1 comment:

Laurie D. said...

I LOVE the Orlando temple so much. That is one of the things I miss the most about not living there any more. Every temple is beautiful in it's own way, but that one ranks at the top for me. I'm glad you had a nice couple's trip away. Sounds like heaven.

Florida Vacation!